COVID-19 Safety Information
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad excursions and all railroad facilities are operating with more stringent safety practices and procedures including more frequent sanitation, the wearing of masks, implementing physical distancing and operating trains at no more than 50% capacity to improve employee, volunteer and guest safety.
A Note About COVID-19 Courtesy And Awareness
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we ask that all guests please obey all signage for the flow of foot traffic while on our premises. When boarding the train, we ask that each person from your party have their own ticket with them. We also ask that everyone practices physical distancing to the best of their abilities, especially when checking in, boarding/detraining, and while seated aboard designated train cars.
We understand that if you are arriving with a large group/family, it may not be possible to distance at all times, but we do ask that everyone respects the distancing guidelines when it comes to interacting with separate parties unrelated to their own.
We also encourage all passengers to wash/sanitize their hands as much as possible while visiting us, especially after touching commonly used surfaces such as handrails and doorknobs.
Additionally, to further ensure the health and safety of all guests and employees, all of our public-facing employees and volunteers will be wearing face coverings and will be screened (temperature checks, COVID-19 screening questions) prior to boarding the train.
Lastly, IF YOU FEEL SICK, please consider staying home. We are more than happy to reschedule your ticket, issue you a voucher or refund. Thank you for your understanding as we all work together to make sure our beloved scenic trains are as enjoyable and safe as possible during these challenging times!
We have developed a comprehensive set of policies and protocols to enhance safety for our guests, employees and volunteers.
Ongoing Efforts Include:
- Tickets for THE POLAR EXPRESS can only be purchased online.
- Tickets for the Fall Flyer can only be purchased online or by calling customer service at (330) 439-5708. No in person ticket purchasing will be available.
- Seating capacity on all train cars will be at no more than 50%.
- Carefully considered staggered seating arrangements have been made so groups are at least 6’ apart.
- If staggered seating arrangements are not feasible then a plastic barrier has been placed between group seating.
- All guests will be screened for temperature and asked COVID-19 screening questions within the CDC/CVSR guidelines.
- Guests with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to board the train.
- Guests who answer yes to any of the screening questions will not be permitted to board the train.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth will be required while boarding the train and for the entirety of the ride for passengers 2 years and older unless a guest is consuming snacks or beverages while in their assigned seat.
- CVSR is committed to your safety and will clean frequently touched surfaces often with EPA approved sanitizers which have been deemed effective for the COVID-19 virus.
- Signage will be in place regarding our policies, to guide you through the process, and help direct you to your rail car.
- Movement between train cars will be prohibited.
- Individuals who refuse to comply with CVSR policies will be removed from the train.
*There will NOT be a Café car, therefore, concessions and souvenirs will not be sold. You may bring commercially prepackaged snacks and drinks. Personal water bottles are allowed on the train. Alcoholic beverages and fast food will not be permitted on the train.
COVID-19 Ticket Holder Disclaimer
While we are committed to enhanced standards in an effort to keep you as healthy and safe as possible, there remains an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and any place where people are present. By visiting our facility and riding our trains, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.