Important Reminders for The Polar Express
We hope that your trip on THE POLAR EXPRESS™ creates wonderful memories and warms your heart. Please take a moment to review these important reminders.
Planning Your Trip
1. We recommend that you arrive to your departing station by 6:00 pm. Boarding will begin shortly after 6:00 pm. (For matinees, please arrive to your departing station at 2:00 pm; boarding will begin shortly after).
2. The train departs at 7:00 pm sharp. (Matinees will depart promptly at 3:00 pm). Please plan your travel accordingly, allowing time for weather conditions, traffic and parking. The train will not wait on late passengers and tickets will not be refunded due to traffic delays or road conditions.
3. There are several road closures surrounding the Akron Northside Station. Please allow plenty of time when planning your arrival to the station. To see a full list of closures, please visit Summit County Advisories. Parking is free and available directly at the station.
4. Please print out your tickets and bring them with you. The CVSR staff will be unable to print tickets at the station. Electronic tickets cannot be accepted.
5. Upon arriving to the station, you must get your tickets checked and stamped before proceeding to the boarding platform. Representatives of the railroad will be located at the ticket booth and throughout the boarding platform if you have any questions at the time of your arrival.
6. Seats are assigned and you will be seated in the seats that are listed on your ticket.
7. There is a concession car on board where you can purchase snacks as well as Polar Express merchandise. No outside food or beverage is allowed on board. You will be prohibited from boarding, should you attempt to bring on outside food or beverages.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact our customer service team at 234-759-0100 or email us at . Please note: the customer service office is open Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Please help us keep everyone warm this winter by donating a new or gently warm coat, gloves, hats and scarves. When you arrive to the station, reference the “donation drop” bin.
We appreciate your support and participation with Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad and hope you enjoy your trip!